Middle Years11 to 14 years old
“Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere”
The Middle Years section is the third stage in WINS’ educational path. At WINS, we take care of the whole development of the student with his growing sense of self identity, awareness of others and curiosity for the world.
Grade 6 11 to 12 years old
Grade 7 12 to 13 years old
Grade 8 13 to 14 years old
WINS promotes learning through inquiry and conceptual investigation, thus building upon the student’s developing interests to support understanding and implementation of WINS core values
- growing in a multicultural and enriching environment
- appreciating and being inspired by WINS values
- taking responsibility for their own actions
- experiencing consistent moral and ethical standards in a school community
- understanding concepts like accountability, respect and trust through daily activities
- developing self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- understanding its value and experiencing it first-hand
- growing into «ambassadors of excellence» by practising excellence in everyday activities
- Being prepared for the expected requirements of our future society
- Becoming protagonists of innovation leveraging on their natural curiosity and boosting their aptitude to think out of the box
- Spreading an insatiable curiosity for learning
- Nurturing their own passions, preferences and natural talents
Development of critical thinking
through an inquiry based methodology
Differentiation of education pathways
to promote individual potential and different learning styles
Integration of digital technology
in the classroom to strengthen the learning experience
Development of international mindedness
encouraging curiosity for the world beyond the student’s perceivable boundaries
Language and literature A1:
English and Italian
Visual and performing arts
Language acquisition B:
German or Spanish
English and Italian for non-natives
Individuals and societies
Physical and health education
curricular swimming and physical education
MYP students actively participate in co-curricular activities aimed at fostering their interests, talents, and transversal skills that contribute to their all-round growth.
Wins Gems is a scheme made up of four Houses bearing the names of four ‘gems’, created to promote positive behavior within a philosophy of teamwork, and positive competition.
Service as Action
Through Service as Action experiences, students learn the value of community participation and gain a deeper understanding of the issues facing their immediate surroundings.
It requires students to engage with their local community through community or personal projects, and act to make a positive difference in the lives of others and their environment.
The Terza Media Exam
Grade 8 native or bilingual Italian students can take advantage of the terza media exam preparation program to obtain the Italian lower secondary school license.
of the Middle Years
At WINS children spend their day in an English-speaking
environment so are exposed to several hours of
English language every day in diverse contexts.
WINS also has a mission of promoting the
local language and culture, so a daily Italian language
and culture period is included in the Middle Years’ schedule.
World International School of Torino is an International Baccalaureate® World School for the PYP (Primary Years Programme), the MYP (Middle Years Programme) and the DP (Diploma Programme).