Diploma Years14 to 18 years old
“Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere”
The Diploma Years section is the fourth stage in WINS’ educational path. This section corresponds to a personal development period of the adolescent which is characterized by the definition of personal identity as well as the possibility to explore the world beyond the more restricted boundaries that have limited the child till then.
Grade 9 14 to 15 years old
Grade 10 15 to 16 years old
Grade 11 16 to 17 years old
Grade 12 17 to 18 years old
WINS promotes learning through inquiry and conceptual investigation, thus building upon the student’s developing interests to support understanding and implementation of WINS core values
- growing in a multicultural and enriching environment
- becoming real citizens of the world
- taking responsibility for their own actions
- experiencing consistent moral and ethical standards in a school community
- understanding concepts like accountability, respect and trust through daily activities
- developing self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- understanding its value and experiencing it first-hand
- growing into «ambassadors of excellence» by practising excellence in everyday activities
- Being prepared for the expected requirements of our future society
- Becoming protagonists of innovation leveraging on their natural curiosity and boosting their aptitude to think out of the box
- Nurturing their own passions, preferences and natural talents
- Spreading an insatiable curiosity for learning
Development of critical thinking
through an inquiry based methodology
to promote individual potential and different learning styles
Integration of digital technology
in the classroom to strengthen the learning experience
Development of international mindedness
encouraging curiosity for the world beyond the student’s perceivable boundaries
GRADE 9 and 10
Language and literature A1:
English and Italian
1 ELECTIVE SUBJECT
Language acquisition B
Individuals and societies
Standard or Extended
Physical and health education
Students are encouraged to participate to different projects and initiatives throughout the school year to foster their understanding of the importance of being caring, sensitive and respectful towards others and of sharing our skills, knowledge and capabilities for mutual enrichment.
The Personal Project
At the end of grade 9 and throughout grade 10 our students have to complete their Personal Project. The Personal Project consists of an individual research project based on the student’s personal interests that allows them to show the skills they have achieved through their MYP years and use them to investigate a specific topic of their choice.
GRADE 11 and 12
Language A1 - Language & Literature
English and Italian (SL/HL)
Biology SL/HL – Computer Science SL
Theory of Knowledge
CAS (Creativity, Action and Service)
Spanish – German - Italian (SL/HL) - English HL
Applications and Interpretations SL/HL
Individuals and Societies
History – Economics SL
Visual Arts SL
of the Diploma Years
At WINS students spend their day in an English-speaking
environment so are exposed to several hours
of English language every day in diverse contexts.
WINS also has a mission of promoting
the local language and culture,
so a daily Italian language and culture period
is included in the Middle Years’ schedule.
World International School of Torino is an International Baccalaureate® World School for the PYP (Primary Years Programme), the MYP (Middle Years Programme) and the DP (Diploma Programme).